Hotsprings Integrated Pressure Switch on Heater

kenandshari

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2010
Savannah, GA
We have a 1994 Hotsprings Sovereign spa and am having issues with the Integrated Pressure Switch on the No-Fault Heater. We recently started having a problem with both the green and red lights flashing on the control panel. The jets and lights were still working, but the circulation pump was not running. We determined that the pump needed to be replaced. So we replaced it with the new E5 pump and it is now running and circulating water. However the lights are still flashing and the heater is not heating. According to the manual, it is equipped with a pressure switch that will open if the heater is not getting enough flow to protect the heater. So I figure when the circulation pump quit pumping water to the heater, then the switch opened. But once the problem is resolved, the switch is supposed to close on its own. I doubt both the pump and the switch would fail at the same time. So I'm thinking maybe there is some way to reset the switch or perhaps it needs to be adjusted for the new pump. If anyone has any knowledge on this topic, I would appreciate some input. By the way we know it is the switch because a paper clip can be used to bypass the switch and the heater comes on. I just don't want to rely on that as a permanent fix.

The pressure switch is not serviceable/replaceable. You will need to replace the heater.

And the jumper is used on PDR(power down reset) heaters that have been installed after the oem heater has failed.

One thing to try is pouring some muriatic acid down the circulation pump stand pipe, the one with the grey cap. There could be enough scale/calcium buildup on the element to impede the flow enough to cause the switch not to close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.