Opening pump problems.

Apr 27, 2013
First off nice forum. I have been a troll for a while but now I'm baffled and need some help. My mom has a 18x36 in ground pool and this will be our fourth season. And I'm still new to the idea of pool care and maintenance. We had a malfunction with our winter cover and decided to open the pool early. After a nightmare of that experience pool is nice and clear with all new water. When we fire up the pump it seems as if its not kickin into overdrive. It's circulating but the filter is never coming up to pressure and its not pushing the water as it has in the past. I have primed the basket right before the pump and bled as much air out of the lines as I can. The basket still seems to have a pocket of air in it. So give me some food for thought and some fresh new ideas to try. It's nice and clear and want to keep it that way

Thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP!

It is possible that some debris is lodged in the pump impeller. Can you see, or feel, the impeller when the pump strainer basket is removed? If so, check to see if there is anything else in there that can be removed. There might also be a blockage somewhere else in the plumbing.

When we were cleaning we blew the lines from the pump basket to the skimmers an bottom filter so I don't think there is a blockage in the line to the pump. I haven't checked the impeller to see if it is blocked. Afraid to open the internals of the impeller. Tomorrow I will start from square one. Blow lines back toward skimmers and prime the pump again. Any other thoughts to try while I'm working on it. Before I make the call to a professional.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.