Intex pool, ideas for under the liner besides foam board

Jun 11, 2012
Has anybody ever used tar paper(roofing paper) under an intex pool? I have sand where my pool goes and am looking for a barrier between the liner and pool(lots of small rocks my dog has dug up while the pool is down for the winter). I cant afford to do the foam board insulation this year so i am looking for other ideas. I happen to have a roll of the smooth tar paper. Would this work?

Im trying not to spend too much, i have two tarps that would fit the size of my pool, can i tape the tarps down the center? There would be no grommet holes under the pool. I have sand as a base, but there are a tun of small rocks that work there way up. Every year i end up tiny holes from the smallest of rocks.

Well the tarps will help, though the thicker the better. You can tape them with something like gorilla tape, but the seams will likely show through the pool bottom. That is not really a problem, but debris might collect there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.