Hayward Perflex or Pro-Grid Filter?

Apr 23, 2013
Guy's

Currently have a Ec65, just found out fingers and plates are gone (filter about 10 years old) also as posted earlier I need to replace my 1hp pump.

I have decided to replace the whole system....

I've gone to two local pool stores, one tells me to stay with the E65 (because its easier and uses less DE). the other said go with a Pro-Grid 48 square foot (cleaner water / more capabilities with the valve). There is about a $200 price difference.

Thoughts.....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sean

Personally I would upgrade to the EC-75, it is the same size housing as the EC-65, but with a little more filtering ability, you are already familiar with the Perflex filter operation and seem happy with it, at least willing to stay with it. The only ability I can think of that it may not have is ability to vacuum to waste, but you could get that by simply adding a T and a $10 valve between the pump and the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.