Water still "foggy" after shocking

Mar 25, 2013
Orlando, FL
Hi, my first post here but been browsing for the past few months and learn a lot here. Pool School and this forum has been extremely helpful in managing my pool and not rely on pool store advice in what I should throw in the pool. So I want to thank you all for the great community.

Now about my issue :( ? About 4 weeks ago I drain my pool 3/4 and refill with fresh water because my CYA level was way up there. I shut off my chlorinator and filled up the pool. Thanks to the advice in the forum I am now using liquid chlorine. The pool was sparkling clear, I never seen the pool so clear since I purchase this home. A few weeks ago we had to go out of town for a week. When we return I was shock the pool was so cloudy. :evil: I guess the early stages of Algae. :grrrr: I could not see the floor of the pool, deep nor shallow side. After getting my water tested at pinch a penny, the CYA level was 0! :shock: I forgot to add stabilizer to the pool after refilling it. :hammer: I purchase stabilizer and got the CYA level up to 80. I purchase gallons of liquid chlorine, 10.5%, and a TF-100 test kit. I kept the FC level at around 30, the suggested FC shock level in Chlorine/CYA Chart page and I clean the cartridge filter daily.

The water started clearing up after 3 days seeing improvement daily. Water now is clear but not crystal clear. It some what cloudy "foggy" but not as clear like it was the first few days after refilling the pool. Should I continue running my pump, it’s been running for 9 days 24/7 but have not seen any improvement in the water getting clearer, it’s been about the same for the last 2 days. Any ideas or suggesting in why it’s not “crystal clear”? Below are the test number I did this morning.

FC – 24
CC – 0.5
AK – 120
CYA – 80
PH – 7.2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.