Clogged up bubbler valve

Apr 26, 2013
I have a polynesian pool with a set of fiberglass steps. On the wall of the steps is a valve/nozzle with a water jet. Also it puts bubbles into the pool. There is a small PVC pipe/valve in the concrete right above the valve/nozzle that you can screw to control the air flow.

This valve/nozzle is clogged. I think there is a little twig on the inside.

My question is how do I clean out the clog? I was thinking I need to unscrew the nozzle and it would pop out. I can't figure out how to take it apart. Does anyone know what this thing is called and is there a diagram somewhere I can refer to? My fear is if I try to force it the wrong way it would break. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 39
Here is a picture of the nozzle close up. The nozzle will tighten or loosen. There is a ring around the nozzle with 4 feet that stick out. Looks like there would be some kind of special tool like one of those tools that you can take out a shower drain with. I'm thinking I can unscrew the nozzle as a piece and clean out the debris behind it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• nozzle2.gif
    nozzle2.gif
    115.6 KB · Views: 28
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.