Need some advice on startup

Mar 5, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Starting over with fresh water after light housing replacement. And crack repair.

Water in pool is straight out of hose
.5 fc
2.5 cc
3.0 tc
80 ta
0 cya
160 salt
8.2 ph

I have added nothing yet.

30.000 gallons
Pool calculater say to add

218 oz 6% bleach
42 oz murectic acid.

Should i just add them both ??
Or add bleach tonight and acid tomorrow after testing again ??

Thanks !!!

BTW i installed the color splash 3 g bulbs in the pool and spa abd they are cool !!!

Just to add to what jbliz said,

I would start with lowering ph first. The test reads 8.2 for ph at or above that level...so you could be above.

Test again after about 1 hour of circulation, then adjust again, and repeat till ph is in range (7.5-7.8)

Once you have that in range, double check you TA to make sure you are not below 60 ppm.

Others may chime in, but I would get the Muriatic in there and get the pH down. Let it mix for 30 minutes and then add Bleach. I would distribute both around the perimeter. There is a pretty good chance that your pH is higher than 8.2 as that is where the scale maxes out, so keep an eye on it.

It will then be time to get some CYA in there. Follow the pool calculator, but hold back on the full dose until you get measurable results, which could be 3-5 days. You do not want to overshoot your target.

Congrats on getting the repairs done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.