Wet Niche / Light Compatabilty Issue

Nov 16, 2012
I need help from the experts... I have inherited a 2 year old, 10,000 gal, infinity edge, salt water pool. The pool contractor went out of business shortly after finishing this pool. So I am on my own in resolving issues with this pool.

My first problem is that the 2 - 12V spa size lights in the infinity edge pit will not stay in the niche. I have determined that the wet niches are Hayward and the lights are Pentair! Apparently, the contractor installed whatever he had left laying around before going belly up. Therefore, I can snug the lights into the niche, but cannot screw the light into the niche completing the electrical bond ground.

1. Is this a hazardous situation with 12V lights since they are not screwed to the niche bonding system?

2. Is there any sort of an adapter system to mate the Pentair to Hayward?

The other lights, in the spa and the 300W light in the pool, seem to be secure as the screws in them seem to be in place. So, for those lights I don't know if I have a compatibility issue like the others.

Any help from the forum would be appreciated!

- Brian

I'm not the best when it comes to bonding since I don't actually construct pools. How I think it should go is...The metal light niche should be bonded by itself to the rest of the pool and then the light cord should have a ground that connects in the junction box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.