Resilience PCS-3

Apr 22, 2013
Hi:
Anyone know the correct operating voltage required of the cell in this system? I have a 10% indication on readout which never changes? The pool tests OK??? My DC volts read ~12. to 12.8 , should it read higher? Anyone know more??thanks..

Welcome to TFP!

Is the unit new to you, or have you been using it for a while?

I am not familiar with Resilience brand SWGs, but 12 volts is at the low end of the range of normal voltages for various brands of SWG.

The 10% reading is most likely a percentage that you set on the control panel, which determines how much chlorine the unit generates.

Why are you interested in the normal voltage? Are you just curious, or is there some reason you believe that the unit is nor working correctly?

Hello and thanks for asking - Curious, Yes..I have had this unit since 2006 - replaced the control unit just once and the cell just once, last time was in mid 2010. I cleaned the cell in Jan of this year because of accumulation on the plates and re-installed. I had always kept the % at about 50 with good results. when turning on the unit after the Jan. cleaning I noticed that it fluctuated from 30 to 50. then as the water got colder it dropped to the 10% level and stayed there during the cold months of Feb and March. I live here in Sw Florida, Cape Coral. The plates in the cell show no sign of reduced size or reduced thickness that I can determine. The control panel has a adjustment knob for selecting the % of chlorine and regardless where it is set now, it just stays at the 10% level?? I called The company and they want to sell me new cell or new system???
Reading online saw that the volts could be measured and so did that and the above readings are what I have regardless of control knob position?

Here are stats from last pool check at the store:
TC - 2.0ppm
FC - 2.0ppm
TA - 100 ppm
CH - 300 ppm
CYA/Stabilizer - 50 ppm
Total dissolved solids - 4,700 ppm
Salt - 3200 ppm

What do you think??

Thanks

Hans

According to the manual, lower power meter readings even when the unit is on high can be caused by a wide range of things: dirty cell plates, poor connection between the cell and the control unit, low pool water temperature, low salt level, wrong voltage of AC power, worn out cells. The most obvious possibility in your case seems to be low water temperature combined with just slightly low salt level (3500 is ideal). It is also possible that the cell is just starting to wear out, though that seems unlikely.

Hello again: thanks for your reply and info - I will have the water tested again tomorrow and see how the readings compare. decided to leave the pool on all night and see if anything changes. I will add a bit more stabilizer also in addition to another bag of salt? thanks for the network, good to have someone to talk with....Best...Hans

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.