Keep heater & pump going tonite or just start up again in AM

smuggs

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Gloucester County, NJ
So, we had the first of our 2 parties this weekend. I started heating the pool this morning at 6:30 am. It was a brisk 62 degrees due all the rain we have had and the cool nights (low 50's). So, the pool water is now 78. We have another party tomorrow. The temp is supposed to go down to about 51 tonight. We do not have a solar cover or solar heat (solar heat may happen next year). So, I've burned through quite a bit of natural gas today. Would I be better off (as far as gas usage goes) keeping the pump and heater running 24/7 until our party is over tomorrow night or just letting it shut off tonight and start heating up again tomorrow morning?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG03350-20130618-1841.jpg
    IMG03350-20130618-1841.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
You will save money by turning off the heat overnight. The water will be noticeably colder in the morning than it is now, but even including the cost of heating it back up you will still save a little money. The warmer the water the more heat is lost. By letting it cool off a bit at night you lose less total heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.