Slide water fitting?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I am finishing the plumbing on my slide I had installed in the fall. It a Backyard series Dolphin slide. It requires 150 gpm, via two water fittings. Dolphin only supplies a stub of 2" pvc and a 2" to 1-1/2" reducer as water inlet fittings. Needless to say, I am concerned about (1) it does not attach securely to the slide and will move around, especially when the water is turned on and off, (2) 1-1/2" fitting seems like it will shoot the water too far down the slide (both fittings face down slide) at 150 gpm at almost 15 ft/s velocity, and (3) it just looks like Crud.

Does anyone know of a proper fitting that will fit in a 2-1/2" opening and solve the problems above?

Wow that is a lot of water. I think I probably run less than 2gpm on my slide through a 1/4" copper pipe off of a fresh water supply, but it is an old style slide.

Not sure what to suggest, since I have never seen that type of slide.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I found this on the Dolphin web site. You can see the white pvc sticking out. There is one on each side. Does not look like 80 gpm coming out of it... I am sure it would be shooting further down the slide. I am thinking even a 45 deg piece to shoot the water more downward and toward the center would work, but that would not look too good.

Attachments

• rative ponds rb3224 entry shot.jpg
    rative ponds rb3224 entry shot.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 135
I am going to try a 2" male adapter through the hole into a 2" female adapter or clean out fitting. And find a gasket that will seal it to the slide.

I am just not sure if I should glue it all up with 2" or go to 2.5". Using 2.5 means I have to enlarge the opening about 3/8" dia.

I am guessing that the velocity of 160 gpm in the 3" supply will be similar to the velocity of 80 gpm in each 2" branch, since cross sectional area is about double from 2 to 3" pipe... about 8.2 ft/s. If I go to 2.5" pipe, it drops to about 5.2 ft/s. I am just not sure how far water moving at those velocities will shoot out of the pipe before falling to the slide surface. I don't feel cutting a re-gluing if 2" is too small, but I also don't feel like cutting into the slide and finding special 2.5" valves if I don't need to.

Has anyone used a Jandy ball valve? Not the never lube... just the plan ball valve (6957). I bought a couple 2" PVC ball valves at HD and you almost need a wrench to turn them. I was wondering if the Jandy valves are any better? I need one on each supply to the slide, but once it is installed under the slide entry, it won't be as easy to get to, and it has to be easily adjusted by hand. Or do I have to go to a never lube to get easy turning? I hate to spend $40 a piece for these. They will not get too much adjustment or usage.

I am still not sure I understand what your problem is, but wanted to add that for directing flow you might try a standard pool eyeball fitting, many of these are threaded standard 1.5 inch NPT

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.