Do all above ground pools have bottom rails?

Apr 25, 2013
First wanted to thank everyone on this awesome site! I was on here last Year lurking when I had an intex pool.

I just bought a 24' pool on Craigslist but just realized it doesn't have bottom rails. I asked the guy if it came with them and he said he wasn't sure. He apparently bought from someone else last Year. He said he put up for the summer and then took down. I dont know the brand name right now. I think i got screwed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe it could be a Wilbar pool. Do you have any idea how old it is ? Wilbar manufactures alot of pools. You could contact them and tell them what your problem is. They might be able to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I contacted the guy and he is going to take it back. He changed his story from he had it up 3 months last year to the person he bought it from had it for 3 months but didnt see it up.

Lesson learned, if buying from Craigslist I will make sure I take it down.

I'm glad he took it back! I see a lot of pools already disassembled and being sold on CL and I'd stear clear of them if I were buying an above ground pool. The best thing is going out and tearing down yourself. That way, you know that it's there and can see what you're buying!

Keep searching! You'll find a great pool! The ads on CL for pools is astonishing! New ones in our area are being listed every single day clean up until the end of August! You still have time and you may even snag the deal of a summer with a free one if you're lucky! It can and has happened to some members here! :goodjob:

Yep, tearing it down is really helpful in addition to knowing if all the parts are there, even if its a bit of work. I am one of the lucky ones that got my pool free off CL, the owner just "wanted it out of the yard". It has worked great for us now going on our third (or maybe it's fourth now) summer with it.

I did the same as Linen, got a "free if you take down". Took a couple of months searching on Searchtempest to find one that fit my schedule, and a full day of labor. Both Linen and I have threads about our experience, his was one of the things that gave me confidence that I could do it.

It seems in maine alot of people think their used pools are worth their weight in gold... if you shop around a new pool with all the accessories can be had online for around 2800$ if your willing to shop and buy from a few places...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.