Pool delivered today need help skimmer box plumbing

Nova13

Jan 23, 2013
I have a skimmer box that came with the pool already cut in.

My question is there are two pipe connections in the bottom of that skimmer box, I was expecting one.

Any thoughts on that?

Also there is another small hole 1" on the very outer edge of the box very high up but it is not punched all the way thru, so it looks optional.

Is it an overflow to dump excess.

tks

yes it can even be blocked off.

It used to used as an equalizer pipe but that was later determined not to be needed.

So since pvc is cheap I'm going to run an extra off the second hole just in case the original got jammed up, which I read can happen.

But a diverter flap can be installed I just read then the main drain goes to the second hole rather than back to the pump.

joenj-SkimmerDrainDiverter.jpg

However you plumb it, you should think about what you need to comply with the Virginia Graeme Baker act to prevent entrapment. I still would run a separate line back to the pump, but most new construction uses two main drains seperated some distance to comply.

I'm aware of the act, but the engineering drawing that was supplied by Sun Pools showed one drain only, due I think to the 54" depth and overall size of the pool.

The building dept approved it.

But I'm putting one of those special drain covers over the drain hole for peace of mind.

How come we can't upload pictures here?????

Nova13 said:
I'm aware of the act, but the engineering drawing that was supplied by Sun Pools showed one drain only, due I think to the 54" depth and overall size of the pool.

The building dept approved it.

But I'm putting one of those special drain covers over the drain hole for peace of mind.

How come we can't upload pictures here?????
I had to use photobucket. It allows you to post entire albums.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.