LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So, I'm really struggling getting a precise reading on my PH using that blue kit that came with the TF-100 system (K-1000). I just can't seem to discern the color above 7.5 or so ... I mean, it definietly is not as dark as the 8.2 mark - and in fact is like a brighter pinkish color making it higher than the 7.5 mark ... so my 'swag' is it's betwen 7.8 & 8.0 ... is there a more precise method/kit or strips that can give me a better reading? or am I just being too a/r about the results? I hate just routinely adding MA in an attempt to lower it to around 7.5 ....

thanks in advance - happy summer, finally. (at least for some of us) .. :)

I find it helpful to
1) have a white background
2) hold the test block at arm's length and squint until the numbers get blurry so I can concentrate in the color

If it's between colors, I can usually tell if it's, say, closer to 7.5 than 7.8, which I call 7.6. It's just practice. As long as the color is peach, not orange or pink, it's okay for swimming.

That is really the best pH test out there. There are expensive digital testors, but their accuracy can be questionable.

Try using 1 less drop or 1 more drop and see if that helps you match the colors (it should not affect the result).

If you just keep the water in the "peachish" range and not bright pink, you are fine.

extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206394

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.