New to the world of pools - liner decisions

Apr 25, 2013
We are putting in a 20x40 rectangular pool w/ rounded edges and cantilever edging. Eventually our plan is to have the concrete around the pool sprayed w/ a -- I can't recall what it's called but it's a decking product that colors and adds texture to the concrete -- ours will be a tan color. My problem become deciding on the liner which our pool builder wants to know now --- we think we've narrowed it down to these two: ongislandswim.com/images/LoopLoc_2012_Liner_Brochure.pdf Ocean Reef w/ Marine Sparkle bottom or Turquoise Sun w/ Bahia Bluestone bottom.

The pool will not be right next to the house as we are on a septic system and we will have no trees around it as we're having those removed. I keep going back and forth reading various internet questions on the liners. We live in SC so it does get hot -- we aren't putting in a heater to begin w/ but want to be able to use the pool as long as possible (it's been suggested that we could use it into Oct. w/out a heater). Are darker bottoms better? What about night swimming though where there are kids involved? Will the Bluestone bottom above be too light? Does anyone have any pool pics w/ the above liners?

Thanks

I don't have one of those liners but I do have the black granite which is very dark. At night we can see the bottom but I do recommend the use of 2 lights in the pool. I can't say for sure how much the liner will actually cause the pool to heat up as this is our first year and we really haven't had warm temps yet. It is a hard decision to make without actually seeing one. I would recommend doing a search of the liner that you like and you may find pics of it installed. That is what I did and the results were very similar to the pics online. Best wishes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.