Replacing the vinyl liner - inground

brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Greetings,

I think I had a post with this subject, but am unable to find... so here I go again.

We are replacing the liner this year. Most of it have already been removed and measurements were already taken. Now we have to decide on the design of the new liner. The pool person recommended that we order the 20mil instead of the 28mil as it sits better and "hug" all the corners better. Since this is totally new to me, I figure I would ask here for more education on that. Also, the floor of the pool will need a bit of resurfacing and I am contemplating doing it myself. I am not sure however what I would be getting myself into. Would this be something that I can do? He said that the material alone would be over a $1,000. Also, still on the liner, is there a site where I can see reviews for brands?
Thank you so much for this forum and for all the replies. Be well
Miriam

Check out this site. Seems like a good company. http://www.kaydenmfg.com
On the floor repair, unless you are good with a trowel or have experience with finishing concrete, I'd leave it to a pro. Some concrete contractors in my area also work on poolcrete bottoms so you may get a better price dealing direct with them, since most pool builders sub it out anyway.

I went with a GLI with their gold warranty as I was advised GLI had a good reputation paid 1100. Just had my liner replaced this week. Here is a couple pics of the liner design its 28/28 Ocean beach I believe. I struggled to decide on a pattern. Decided to try something different so I went with the tile pattern.

It's looking awesome and this pattern has a unique touch. I think if any person wants to build a pool in his house so he should to visit the GLI. How many days they have taken for this job?

pooly1 said:
I went with a GLI with their gold warranty as I was advised GLI had a good reputation paid 1100. Just had my liner replaced this week. Here is a couple pics of the liner design its 28/28 Ocean beach I believe. I struggled to decide on a pattern. Decided to try something different so I went with the tile pattern.

This pattern is the same one as I like most. I may go with that one.

So, now the issue remains the vermiculite/pool-krete thing. It is so darn expensive to have it done, and the pool can use a good new coat of that. I am very tempted to do it myself. I can work with the trowel, but not with finishing concrete. I have installed several ceramic tile flooring, but again, not sure if that makes any difference. I am going to talk to the contractor doing the work, and if I can have an understanding of how much to scrap off and details of the pool-krete material I think I can do it. Not sure if it has to be done in one single day or if it can be done in over a spam of days. Anyone?
Thanks. Be well
Miriam

Some areas are a bit crumbly and it was soft when we removed the liner. The deeper end's walls are not the most even and will need lots of patching. The shallow area is where the crumbly is found and it is rough at areas. The contractor said we can do only patch, or do a new coat at the shallow and patch the deep end, or do a new coat in the entire pool. The cost got me wide wake, hence the reason for me thinking of doing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.