Two speed pump has air on low

Mine does too. Does not lose prime when off and do not find any air in the filter. Seems normal.

I have left is on low for weeks and the bubble gets bigger and bigger, but does not get into the filter or pool. Goes away on high speed and then I make sure to purge the filter, not much air in it though.

If water is moving you must have some pressure. I think my registers 2-4 or something small on low speed, but up around 16 on high speed.

Is your needle really sitting on 0 ... and the same place when the pump is off? What about when on high speed? Could be a bad gauge.

pooly1 said:
I see a lot of issues VSP pumps having air at a lower RPM. Would that also affect a 2 speed pump. it has an air bubble constantly at the top. I just replaced the motor on my duraglass with a 2 speed.
Hi pooly1 can you give me the specifics on your 2 speed motor and the cost? I have a 1.5 hp duraglass that I would like to eventually change to a 2 speed. Thanks :cheers: :cheers:

I have/had a duragals I pump with 3/4hp motor and had the motor replaced with a 2 speed 1 hp cost was 283.00 for the pump and an additional 30.00 to have them install the 2 seals(I did it last time and it was so of a bear to tap the ceramic seal on and seat it correctly. I went through the company below as I had a good experience with them previously. Also they do not come with the 2 speed switch just an FYI.

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/4 ... flange.htm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.