Is there a TFP business card?

Titanium

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2007
SF Bay Area
SeanB,

Is there a TFP business card that you could post to the Forum? I'm getting tired of scribbling "www.troublefreepool.com" on a scrap of paper for people who have just been pool-stored at the local pool store. This way I could just hand them a professional looking card with the TroubleFreePool blue logo and the web address. You could literally have hundreds (or thousands) of people from TFP handing out cards to people who seriously need professional help with their pools.

[Disclaimer: As much as the local pool store's chemistry advice is to be avoided at all costs, I really do appreciate this store for things I need in a hurry such as repair parts for skimmers, pressure-side cleaners, valves, etc.]

Titanium

p.s. could you have the cards done by 4 PM? That is when I plan on going to the local pool store.

p.p.s. just kidding !!!

Here is one I just through together. I'll try to come up with something more professional soon. Thanks for spreading the word!

EDIT: I have removed my version and am attaching new one's created by our member, MeSue. See my post further down the thread with the new cards.

Thanks Sue!!!

Attachments

• Stenner Pump Flow conversion.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
SeanB,

Your "thrown together" business card looks pretty darn good to me.

How do I download this jpg so that I can print it out?

Maybe on future versions of the business card you could mention:

1) Avoid being "pool-stored"
2) Use the BBB method - bleach, baking soda, and borax

Thanks!

Titanium

Right click the image. Select Save Image As, then a dialog box will pop up prompting you to select a location to save it and you can name it whatever you like. Then if you get some business card sheets from wall mart, you should be able to print it to it. At least that is if it is the correct size. It looks like it is though. The business card sheets will tell you what to do to print them. I used to print my own cards for my computer repair business and I think it was price wise comparable to having someone else print them.

SeanB and sevver,

Thanks for the right click, File Save As advice. For some reason my Mac right mouse button doesn't work this way, but I got the left button to do the same thing while pressing the Control key.

SeanB, If you do another TFP business card using PhotoShop, could you go ahead and make two versions? One version being the single card and the second version being the full page of multiple cards.

Thanks again.

Titanium

How to Create Business Cards in Microsoft Word.

This is where you can see how to Create Business Cards In Microsoft Word.
[url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170130 said:
Microsoft[/url]]Creating a Single Business Card or a Single Sheet of Business Cards
1. On the Tools menu, click Envelopes And Labels.
2. On the Labels tab, click Options.
3. In the Labels Product list, click Avery Standard.
4. In the Product Number list, click the type of Avery label you are using, such as 5371, 5372, 5376, or 5377 and click OK.
5. In the Address area, enter the address information for the business card.

NOTE: To modify the formatting of the address, select the address, click the right mouse button (Windows) or hold down CONTROL and click the mouse (Macintosh), and then click Font or click Paragraph on the shortcut menu. Make the appropriate changes in the Font or Paragraph dialog boxes, and then click OK.
6. Print your business card, using the appropriate method below:a. Printing a Single Business Card

To print a single business card at a specific location on the sheet of labels, follow these steps in the Envelopes and Labels dialog box:1. Under Print, click Single Label.
2. Type the row and column for the print location of the card on the sheet of labels.
3. Click Print. (On the Macintosh, click Print again).

b. Printing an Entire Sheet of Business Cards To print an entire sheet of the same business card, follow these steps in the Envelopes and Labels dialog box:1. Under Print, click "Full page of the same label."
2. Click Print. (On the Macintosh, click Print again.)

And for people like me who use Office 2007, the differences are pretty significant. Avery is a developer of business card paper that can be perforated and snapped apart. They have posted directions on how to use office 2007 to do it.

[url=http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.SoftwareAlliancesDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3205 said:
Avary[/url]]
The newest version of Microsoft Office Word now includes hundreds of Avery Templates for labels, business cards, dividers and more.

Find Avery Templates by clicking on the Mailing tab at the top of the Microsoft Office Word screen. Just choose Create > Labels > Options > Avery US Letter, then choose your Avery Product Code.

You could even use these templates to print onto regular paper, but you would have to cut them out. The business cards are much easier, but paper is much cheaper. Using photoshop to create images is of course way better. I don't know for sure, but if it could get saved as a PNG file you could save it as a layer with a transparent background, and it could be printed to any sort of paper. The thing is, I don't know if word will take a png... worth a shot.

What a great idea!

SeanB said:
Here is one I just through together. I'll try to come up with something more professional soon. Thanks for spreading the word!

This is probably not going to print very well since it is only screen resolution. If you do another one, I suggest making it around 300 PPI resolution. It will look huge on screen but print much crisper. If you want help with it, I'd be glad to do whatever I can. I can make you a full sheet PDF of cards if you'd like. Happy to do something to give back to the community that has been so helpful to me.

MeSue,

Thanks for your help.

Also, I would love to have access to a "TFP Flyer" that I could copy a whole bunch of and leave in a pile outside the local pool store. Hopefully a couple of curious customers would pick up the TFP flyer and discover that there is a better way of maintaining their pool.

Titanium

:lol: I think she was talking to me. Sue that would be great - what a wonderful offer.

Please pm me with the e-mail address you would like to use and I will send you the original logo file -much larger.

Titanium, I appreciate your zeal, but I'd rather not litter the pool store parking lot. :lol: I think the business cards are a great idea though.

Sean

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New TFP Business Cards

MeSue was kind enough to make some propper cards for us that can be easily printed and handed out. Feel free to share them next time you find a pool owner in need.

Note: Use of these cards does not make you an official representative of TFP, nor does use of these cards give you any rights to reproduce or use the TFP name or logo without prior written permission.

From Sue, "Attached is a PNG version, a single card PDF, and a couple of layouts in PDF format. The 12 up layout is for someone who will print on card stock and cut themselves. It maximizes the paper usage. The Avery layout should match up with any Avery business card sheets starting with the number 537-."

Attachments

• TFP-Business Card 300ppi.png
    TFP-Business Card 300ppi.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 353
  • TFP-Business Card (single).pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 16
  • TFP-Business Card 12-up with crop marks.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 21
  • TFP-Business Card-Avery 537x 10-up.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 24
Re: New TFP Business Cards

SeanB said:
Note: Use of these cards does not make you an official representative of TFP, nor does use of these cards give you any rights to reproduce or use the TFP name or logo without prior written permission.

LOL! I know it's not really a joke, but it still strikes me as funny. The things you gotta do these days...

That's great! We have 'referal' cards for our car club, directs them to the site and we all give a big welcome if they sign up and post something!

If you ever up your lifetime membership or have the funds you should laminate a bunch, send them to new members...that's what our car club does, sign up get a 'welcome' package with a couple of trinkets and a dozen cards to put on other peoples S2000's!

Works for us!

Thanks Sean!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.