Newbie! Found a hole in DE filter grid.

charlieTX

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2013
Houston, Texas
Howdy! I just opened up my DE filter to hose it off as I have been getting a lot of sediment settling on the pool for the last month. I tried to backwash the DE over the weekend and I think I added too much DE, I put in 100% instead of the 80% before researching on this forum properly.

The water is now flowing clear through the sight pipe but I noticed there is a tear, or hole, in one of the grids. It is high up on the grid and about an inch long, it's frayed around the edges so doesn't look new. Is this causing the sediment to settle in the pool, or did it just need a hose off? Do I need to replace the grids?

Thanks a lot!

I have just put a new air relief valve on and started the filter, and now the pressure is high, 15 above normal, in the clean filter range, and I am getting no flow to the pool or spa at all! Is there something obvious I have missed? Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.