Building Spa - Should i Put Jets in Front of Waterfall?

Apr 24, 2013
Midland, TX
Howdy! i'm new to the forum, my wife and I decided to build a pool and we're currently deep in the middle of construction!

reason i started this thread - the pool builder started shaping out the spa. the original plan was to make the inside diameter 8 feet with the bench wrapping all the way around it. well yesterday i come home from work and they rebar a U-shaped bench with 6 jets, 3 on each side.

i called the builder and told them that wasn't the original plan, the plan was to have the bench circle all the way around it. at first he acted like he didn't know that, and then tried to say it didn't need rebar, he could shape the bench all the way around with the gunite. i know if they don't add the rebar to shape the bench all the way around, the guy spraying gunite won't know to do it as planned! so that's where we are at right now in the build process. its a stressful process but i know it'll be worth it in the end.

but back to my question... the waterfall coming off the spa is going to wrap all the way around the portion that is connected to the pool. since the bench is wrapping all the way around this portion also, is it wise to get them to add jets along this part of the wall also?

one more thing, what's the typical deck height of a raise spa? right now they say the top will be 18-20" from the deck

here's a pic for reference:

I am no expert by any means.
I had a pool/spa installed last year.

He needs to put rebar in way of the bench.
The bench should be 360 (IMO).
Your spillway opening should be 24" or less ( less is better in some cases).
My spa is 18" above the deck and makes a perfect seat.
I do not have jets directly under the spillway but two are fairly close to it. I have 6 jets and wish that I had a couple more.

PB advised against adding jets in front of the spillway. he said that they would affect the water spilling over. no big deal. they were hard at work when i went home for lunch, finishing the plumbing and they did in fact get the rebar all the way around the bench for the spa!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.