One Year Later of BBB and High-contrast Opener ;)

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi all! You may recall that a year ago I rehabilitated a foreclosure swamp that made local pool tech lore as "the poo pool," or so I'm told.

Well, half our neighborhood is flooded beyond 100 year levels and with such a high water table and a sump under the pool that is only pumped when the gear is live I though it best to open early to pump off any excess pressure, though our water is only 47 degrees.

I used the pool guys for the mechanical and cover cleaning but supervised chemistry. (Brought out the drop kit when they went to use strips...sigh...these guys are workers physically and mechanically, but we're never on the same page chemically.)

We opened to crystal clear water, no new iron stains, sparkling white stairs, and still 3 ppm of FC and 60 TA (have now increased to 70 and increasing FC to 7)

Of special delight to me was that there was not a single wrinkle in the liner, which lead pool guy predicted would happen if I insisted on keeping "low" (aka normally 70) TA ;)

Quite a contrast from last year. Tomorrow I'll try to post 2012 vs. 2013 pics.

So thank you to both those who helped me out at the time, and to all of those who share their knowledge and experience here -- whether you know it or not, you've helped me have the first of hopefully many trouble free openings :)

Am on the iPad, don't think it will work, but let me try:

Ok, very first shot in the "recovery" multi-shot is what I opened to LAST year, second photo is this morning! Woohoo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 338

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.