Pool Remodel Estimate - any thoughts?

dcar00

Apr 23, 2013
Hi All,

new to the forum and it looks like an excellent resource site.

I am going to remodel a 1986 gunite pool 15x32 with a 6 foot deep end. no spa. I have a list of items and I was wondering if the experts on here could give me thoughts on total cost. approx 12K gallons.

tear out 400 sq foot concrete deck(about 4-5 inches deep)
install new 440 sq foot deck with Sundek Classic on top
lower plumbing(4 return lines, total of 100 feet, 1 pool sweep line, 30 feet, 2 skimmer lines 50 feet total). I am doing this because the guy who built it originally put the pvc pipes only about 3/4 of the way into the ground. caused deck failure.
add 3 jandy deck jets(about 100 feet total for plumbing)
add 5x6(3 feet deep) foot sunshelf near steps in shallow end with bubbler
14" deep sandstone Oklahoma coping (100 linear feet)
standard NPT Tuscany Pietras Azul tile(100 linear feet)
replaster with WetEdge Satin Matrix Northshore Tahoe
IntelliBrite 5g color LED light with IntelliBrite Controller
Plumb a stub for a waterfall but will add waterfall later
replace main drain

Would certainly appreciate any thoughts on estimated cost.

Thanks!

It's almost impossibe to give a cost estimate without seeing the pool and surrounding area and even more impossible when we don't have a clue about your location. There's a big difference between CA, FLA & NJ.

Thanks Bama Rambler,

I am in Central Texas. I don't have a pic right now but my backyard is flat and the pool is not close to the house. The filter/pump/etc. is only about 35 feet from the pool. THere is nothing that is in the way off the work except they will have to pump the concrete to the backyard.

The deck will be about 4 feet wide around the pool with a little bumped out area. pool is very basic with small loveseat in deep end and a step area in the shallow end.

I hope this helps. If not, I appreciate you responding.

dcar00

they are responsible for removing old material to the dump(or whereever).

It is a partial chip out on the plaster. They will check for delamination.

I have to do the start up unless I want to pay more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.