Mar 13, 2013
Waco,Tx
FC 11.5
CC .5
TA 230
CYA 60
CH 120
PH 7.8

Just added a gal of muratic acid. Ive had a hard time trying to get the TA down. Also had the pool at shock level for a lil bit trying top get the CC down. So its on its way down to normal level. Is .5 ok. And can leaves etc dropping in the pool be the cause of it to keep raising. Hasnt been more than a 1.

It is not uncommon to occasionally see the CC at 0.5ppm, that is normal and fine. If you see it consistently more than that, then you may have something going on in the water that needs attention.

Lowering the TA is a slow process, that gallon you just added should lower it by around 14ppm according to the poolcalculator. So, if you can raise the pH and do that about 10 more times, you will be getting somewhere.

Sack said:
Just starting to get slightly cloudy but not much.
This concerns me and suggests that you have not finished the shocking process.

Sack said:
With the TA that high is it bad to open the pool? Or should I wait
No way to lower TA without having the pool "open" and running. First deal with the shocking process, then you can deal with TA later.

The TA does not affect swimming, but if you are getting cloudy, that could be a sign that the shock process is required which would delay swimming.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Sack said:
I mean open to swimmers. I dont actually close the pool.
Ohh, gotcha...As jbliz said, high TA is not a problem for swimming. However, I too would make sure you are not fighting algae before opening to swimmers. The best way to know is water clarity and next is to raise you FC level up to shock level ( 18 ppm FC for 60 ppm cya per poolcalculator.com) and do the OCLT.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.