Pooldisk (Alhambra, CA - LA Area)

Apr 22, 2013
I currently have a standard solar cover on a reel, but every time i get a new one, it starts falling apart within 2 years or so.

I am interested in the black pool disk. (pooldisk.com) I have heard mixed reviews of the solar rings - the ones with the palm tree image -- but the pool disk is a black circle with a hole in the middle. It is more than 2x as expensive as the solar rings, and it claims to solve alot of the problems caused by the solar rings (no need to inflate, stays in the pool even with wind)

Has anyone shelled out the cash for these things? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

The real point of pool "solar" covers to to reduce heat loss due to evaporation and at night. So, the more surface you cover the better.

The look like foam which will help reduce some of the evaporation, but you can not get full coverage. Also, since they are opaque, no sunlight will reach the water to actually add some heat to the water. They may help retain some heat, but they are effectively insulating the pool and lowering the potential for the sun to increase the temperature.

Those are my thoughts seeing the product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.