Hayward Eco-Star Pump - Clicking Noise I just noticed

Oct 3, 2011
I'm really bummed this afternoon. Has anyone with experience with hayward pumps ever noticed a noise like this? I recorded a quick video of the back of the pump. I don't know how long it's been doing this, but it doesn't sound right. Is my pump about to die? I'm about 6 months out of my warranty period too.....

https://www.dropbox.com/l/JlvJsvjVesrOF8E3AaSjRM1

I'm not thinking this is something I can fix, but if any of you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them. I'm open to popping off any covers and taking a deeper look. I just didn't want to go to the trouble if there would be absolutely nothing behind them that I could service myself.

Thanks for any suggestions! I hope I'm not about to be out another G for a new pump. That will be a pricy item if I have to budget a new one every 1.5 years. Kinda throws off the energy efficiency/cost savings equation a bit..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.