Virmiculite Sourcing

Hello,

I am gathering all my materials for the install of my 20x40 vinyl liner inground pool.

I plan to use a vermiculite/cement for the pool base. My local home improvement store has the cement and they also have 3 cf bags of vermiculite at a much cheaper price than pool supply companies selling them online. Is the vermiculite that is sold as pool base essentially just plain old vermiculite that is also sold as insulation?

Here is what i planned on using:

http://www.menards.com/main/building-ma ... c-5777.htm

Thanks

Jeremy

Welcome to TFP!

PoolCrete, and similar products, is a mixture of perlite and cement ready for mixing with water and being applied. You can mix the ingredients yourself but you need to be careful to not over mix.

Just a FYI - I just ordered 5 bags as I felt I would run a little short. I contacted Palmetto Vermiculite Company and they shipped it to me, they are the manufacturer. It was remarkably cost effective.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.