Randomly getting signed off

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa
I'm having trouble with the forum. I will be looking around the forum trying to gain as much knowledge as I can and then all of a sudden I am no longer signed in. There isn't any idle time. I am actively looking around. Plus when I try and sign back in, I have to sign in multiple times before it will take and keep me signed in.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!!!

I'm not sure it will help, but it is worth trying deleting the forum cookies and then login again and see if that improves things. There is a link, "Delete all board cookies", towards the bottom of the board index page which will delete the cookies for you.

I'm using IE9 here and never have a problem but at my alternate location I have IE9 and IE10 and I get booted (signed out) after a few minutes. So I wound up using Firefox there and never get booted. I'll try the link Jason indicated this evening and report back if it worked.

Still randomly getting signed off. I'll be reading through a thread, go to the second page and then I "don't have permission to view" photos. Look up at the top and I am signed out.

I have cleared the board cookies several times. I have tried clearing my internet browser history and cookies and it is still logging me off.

I am using Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1.

Any suggestions?

OK, maybe don't disregard. I do believe it is my computer or a setting on FireFox, but I don't know what it is!!!!!!!

It is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am constantly getting logged out and I can't see the beautiful photos I am wanting to view!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jason,

THANKS!!! I was still having trouble and have been so frustrated that I haven't even hardly been to the site. Tonight I "reset" Firefox. Since I did this, I seem to be able to stay signed on. I was rather certain the issue had to do with Firefox and not the site, but I couldn't find anything to correct.

So, for future reference, if anyone else is having trouble, I went to the following on Firefox....

Help
Troubleshooting Information
Reset Firefox to its default state.

THANKS again for your help!!!!

duraleigh said:
I could not use search function from around 3:10PM eastern thru at least 3:25 pm. Don't know if that helps or not, JasonLion.
Me, too. I sent Jason pm's.

The 'search' function for me was not allowing me to even get off the home page! :eek:

I'm sure Jason will have a fix up his sleeve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.