PVC Ball valve wing handles breaking

Yup. This is why we always try to recommend true pool valves (like the Neverlube). The PVC ball valves get stiff and then they break resulting in a re-plumb.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Good News! "Once in while the blind squirrel finds that nut." I contacted the manufacturer and the handle is replaceable. Just use a screwdriver to break off the glued on cap then remove the phillips head screw and the handle will pull straight off. I tested it and it is true. My valves were manufactured by Grandy Company. The part number for the handle is HMIP200. I bought 8 handles for $38 including shipping. No plumbing for me!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those Lowes and HD valves are VERY hard to turn. Net impossible for larger valves. Are the Andy ball valves any easier to turn or do you have to go to never lubes to be easy to turn? I need two for slide water throttling. I like the basic handy ball valve with built in union, but it will be located under slide entry where I can't get a wrench, only my hand.

Melt In The Sun said:
Check the pentair and hayward versions of those never lube valves too...they're just as good, and may be cheaper depending on where you get them.
I was looking at pentair valves since I have seen them quite a bit cheaper, but they look a little different in construction, see the pvc version here: http://pentairpool.com/pool-owner/products/valves-diverter-valve-15-and-2-2-way-and-3-way-39.htm also here: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Pent...-Diverter-Valve-with-1-12-PVC-Pipe/263037.htm

Are valves like these any good? Only $20 bucks for 1.5" 2-way or $24 for 3-way...what am I missing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.