PoolBuster problem

ivyleager

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2007
Raleigh-Durham,NC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all,

Just received my PBCGMax back from WaterTech for servicing last week. Used it today for first time. I did not get any explanation via phone or insert in return box as to what work, if any, was done.

Previous problem: not alot of suction. I'd have to go over and over a regular dust area along seam on vinyl lining. Sucking up leaves was non-existent. Then, about 3 months into use, product just died. Would not recharge.

Current issue: Still no suction to speak of, product sounds as if it's straining...that's new. Wouldn't even pick up the fine dust stuff on the steps. Did pick up the larger tree/pollen debris in deep end well. Because of the "straining" sound, hooked product back up to the charger. Noticed a red dot inside on battery (I guess, not sure of internal compartment). Never noticed this EVER before. Problem is: red dot flickers on/off. Doesn't stay on and plug doesn't seem to have good all around connection. Hence, charger plug appears to be loose in the socket.

I tried to call WaterTech, but only get voice mail. I've been this route before and they NEVER call back. I'll try continuously throughout the day, but anyone out there have any suggestions or recommendations? Is this red dot supposed to be lit when charging......flick off when charge completed??? I'm about ready to buy an Aquabot.

Thanks,

CaryB

The red dot is supposed to be on when charging. I am not sure if it turns off once it is fully charged. I just got mine last week, so I didn't pay attention to whether or not the light goes out once fully charged. I'll check mine this evening when I get home and let you know.

I've been using a PoolBuster for about a year. The red LED on the charger turns on when the charger is plugged into a working outlet and stays on until power is cut. There is no indication that the unit is charged. It sounds like your charger is not making good contact with the outlet and is only on part of the time.

I have found that it takes a very long time to fully charge the PoolBuster -- 12 hours is the bare minimum I let mine charge. There are times I let mine go for 24 hours. With a partial charge, the unit has very poor suction. When mine is well charged it picks up dust and pollen without too much trouble.

I suggest you try another outlet and make sure the red LED on the charger is fully on. Let the unit charge for a full 24 hours and try it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.