When it's raining...

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
should I add any chems? or wait until it clears up outside? I ask because it was drizzley today and has pretty much quit.
I tested this morning and this is what I got.

FC 3
CC .5
TC 3.5
pH 7.5

Now I know with the rain it will most likely bring the CL levels down. And I spotted one of those skater thingeys in there. I always thought they appeared when the CL weren't strong enough in the pool. Those suckers bite! Anyway I want to keep my CL levels around 5ish.

JasonLion said:
You should always maintain the FC level. If you expect storms you can add a little extra in advance so it doesn't get too low.

Do you know your CYA level?

Jason as of last Sunday my CYA was 50ish. I will be doing a full set here in a bit and adding in some more bleach since the rain is gone. Just wet and yuk outside.

ETA test results: Just took these and all looks pretty good- CL levels according to the drop test is still 3, which I guess all that rain didn't impact it to much, if at all.

CL-3
pH:7.5
TA: 90
CYA: 50

So I am assuming since everything has been holding up pretty good. I can test via drop test daily for CL and pH and just weekly for TA and maybe go a little longer between CYA testing. (I am already done w/ one bottle of the testing solution) At least until the weather warms up more around here, which is about a month from now.

You should bring the FC up a bit. Ideally you don't want FC going below 4.

Your schedule sounds good except that you don't need to check CYA very often. Once CYA is set at a reasonable level, which it is, you only need to test it once every several months or any time you suspect there has been significant water replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.