Maytronics Dolphin Sprite

Liteguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a Dolphin Sprite as my last robot died and out of warranty.

I only have one issue, when the robot finds it's way to the main drain cover the robot gets hung up (beached) and I have to pull it off manually.

Any ideas how to resolve this one?

thx

How are you liking the Sprite? I'm torn between buying it (which is essentially a DX4), or an Aquabot XLS. I currently have a Legend Platinum (5 years old), only climbs walls about 12". Does a good job, but I leave it in the pool 24/7 for it's 2 hour cycle each day. I'd rather have something I can use "as needed", that cleans walls and tile line, and doesn't require the extra pump. A robot looks like the answer.

Liteguy said:
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a Dolphin Sprite as my last robot died and out of warranty.

I only have one issue, when the robot finds it's way to the main drain cover the robot gets hung up (beached) and I have to pull it off manually.

Any ideas how to resolve this one?

thx

I just got the Dolphin Sprite Plus ($699 from Backyard Pool) and I've only used it once but I like it much better then the Blue Pearl it replaced. Clearly better designed and it seems sturdier than the Blue Pearl. It came with a caddy which is pretty flimsy but still handy for storage of the unit. Only time will tell, of course, but it did a great job of cleaning on it's first time out. Probably going to run for the second time today!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.