Help on reef question

Apr 18, 2013
Hello!
A trouble free process thus far hit a snag today. Building a 475sf inground pool here in SoCal. On the plans, the reef is 7 feet long by 12 feet wide. After they put in the gunite, we discovered the reef is now 8 feet by 12 feet. PB has admitted the error. Gunite guy says, "yes...but"
Question: is this a big deal? It's not a huge pool so having a foot less of "pool" as opposed to "reef" is kind of significant to us. Are we making too much of it? Will we be happier with more reef later? Gunite guy will chip it out and fix to specs if necessary but I guess it depends on whether the rebar is where it's supposed to be.

Should we get over it? Forgive my total lack of savvy. :roll:
We need to decide by Friday am. Thanks in advance.

Damsel in distress

Thanks Craig.
Pool is going to be 16x30 with a spa on one end.
Reef is on shallow end and is now 8 feet with another one foot step down.
So, it's free form. You approach on left of pool where reef is there with spa on other side, with a step, then the "shallow end", then the deep end.
It's not going to have a lot of bells and whistles by choice so I am wondering about wisdom of going back a few steps over this.
Thanks again.

So the reef is taking up half of your shallow end (8')? Of course it would take almost half of it even if it was the correct size. I don't think the extra foot would get you enough to be concerned about. I say leave it as it is and live with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.