Filters O'Plenty!

robrinker

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I'm starting my 2nd year of pool ownership much more knowledgeable than last year, thanks to the fine folks here:

I started poking around my pool house today and noticed two Hayward DE Filter boxes. Both are EC65's (I'm currently using an EC75). I pulled them both out of the boxes and, other than missing the bump handle on one of them, they seem to be intact (including the pressure gauge) and without any visible cracks or holes. The fingers on both look like the could use a TSP soak or possibly an acid dip.

Should I bother keeping them around? Are any of the parts on them interchangeable with the 75? They look to be the same size as the 75, except the fingers look shorter.

Judging by the color of the one (baby ---- yellow), it might be the original filter the pool was built with in 1969. (Did Hayward make these things in 69? That's before my time.)

Any theories (other than the larger square footage) why the filter was upgraded and/or why this pool might be on it's ~3rd filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.