Introduction :) :)

ktc211

Apr 14, 2013
Austin,TX
Hi everybody,

I'm in Austin, Tx. I'm at the end phases of a new pool build,plaster is going in today... :-D

Glad to be here,loads of great info HERE AT TFP on the entire process.

WARNING!!!!!

Sadly mine is a subcontractor driven process so be advised get those lien waiver's get detailed/deminsioned plans and double/triple check them. Detailed/Demisioned plans are rare I'm told and from my experience with my pool. :(

Read this link first http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/picking_a_pool_builder

Don't depend on the salesman's spill/drivel... OMG a salesman :lol:

You could be going to war with your PB which could be a retread/recycled from a past defunct/bankrupt company(check out the company's by name + principle owner's past record) If they are RETREADS they'll be merciless. Please avoid the mistake of to big an up-front payment $$$$$$. You will lose control of "The Power Of The Purse" and "YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK"

If you don't control the purse you'll be powerless to stop their unsatisfactory subcontractor's shenanigans.......... :hammer: This is an expensive undertaking so be advised, leave nothing to a subcontractor's whimsy,don't settle for "the tried and true excuse of" we always do it that way BS" or the mind set of>>> blow and go 30 lbs of caulk + 50 mph they'll never know the difference :roll:

As for the BBB it's a waste of time/useless IMHO based on my pool builder's BBB report OMG(1 resolved issue). With ZERO past history of the pricipal owners........... like I sad useless!!!!

Did I say Useless???

Check complaints online on the BBB ...these companies pay them a fee for thier listing.

OMG!!!

What a deal!!! For WHO???

Good Luck Ya'll :)

:cheers: ktc211

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Sorry your install is not going smoothly apparently.

As for the BBB it's a waste of time/useless IMHO
This threw me for a second until I realized you meant Better Business Bureau and not what we call the BBB method of pool maintenance :shock: