Help! Pool cloudy and Pool store folks not real helpful

May 23, 2008
Hi! New to this forum, and am in dire need of help. I have been trying for 2 weeks to clear up the cloudiness in my pool. It is an 18ft round, above ground pool that we did not cover last year. Very green and yucky when we started this process. Have shocked many times, added algecide, and keep chlorine in the floater at all times. Took water sample in for testing yesterday, pool is balanced, but the water is still cloudy. The sales guy recommended buying some DE and sprinkling 2 cups into the skimmer, let it run all night and backwash this morning. We did. Still cloudy, actually cloudier. I am at my wits end, and have a party this Sunday. would love to swim, but not looking promising. i should mention that the pool has run consistently for 2 weeks!

Any suggestions?!

Hi and welcome! :)

Please post those numbers your got from your pool store!

It will be very helpful if you add all your pool and equipment info in your signature.

Where are you? State?

Post back with the numbers and you will get some good help.

It would also help to know how the water looks in a little more detail, particularly what color it is, or perhaps a photo.

Either the algae isn't all dead or you have something going on with the filter, but no way to know which path to investigate without more information.

Thanks, I actually cleaned the filter, and it is starting to clear up. I could not find the link to this site from my home email, which is why I never responded earlier. Thanks for the information, and I will add my info to my siggy for future use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.