AquaLogic P4 AQL-CHEM-UPG Chemistry Chassis Retrofit kit ?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Has anyone done this upgrade, it's tough getting someone at Hayward Tech support who is familiar with it.

From what I understand, it is a board upgrade which will upgrade your Goldline Aqualogic P4 to a Prologic P4, as well it includes the Sense and Dispense kit.

I remember in the past finding it in the $600ish range but you can see them selling for as high as 800ish, and I've always been curious about the sense and dispense, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Has anyone performed this upgrade, any opinions if the investment is worth it?

Is it relatively simple, Can I do I do it myself or is an electrician or pool tech required?

Does a Pro Logic offer you anything over an Aqua Logic? aside from the ability add Sense and Dispense?

Re: AquaLogic P4 AQL-CHEM-UPG Chemistry Chassis Retrofit kit

I don't recommend any brand of ORP controller for an outdoor residential pool. The PH automation can be handy in some situations, especially if you have high TA fill water.

Re: AquaLogic P4 AQL-CHEM-UPG Chemistry Chassis Retrofit kit

JasonLion said:
I don't recommend any brand of ORP controller for an outdoor residential pool. The PH automation can be handy in some situations, especially if you have high TA fill water.

I searched the forum and I saw all the negative responses, pity, $600ish would have been worth it for not ever having to manage the %level, just the cool factor alone.

Not sure there any point to upgrading the board from Aqua Logic to Pro Logic then, I'll have to check on the colour LED light thingy, not sure if that alone is worth it if that's all an upgrade would prove if I wouldn't be going sense and dispense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.