Pool cover wearing deck

Jul 29, 2011
Limerick, PA
Hi All,

After opening my less than one year old pool last season, I noticed considerable wear marks on the stamped concrete (Stampcrete) from the pool cover and the retention straps. The deck is cantilevered and the rubbing on the edge of the deck is wearing the deck considerably. When we closed up for my second winter, the PB suggest putting carpet strips down on the edges of the pool last fall, which I did. However, with the wind, all the strips did was end up in the pool instead of protecting it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and what they may have done to prevent this from happening. I think my next step is getting some 2" x 42" foam strips from Grainger and try and secure them with some string using the cover anchors.

Thanks. I was thinking the same, but I'm also wondering how long the carpet is going to last year over year. Plus I could still see the carpet shifting without counter tension. We get wind during the winter. Was also thinking I could get 2" pvc pipe to run arround the edge of the pool with a 1 inch setpack or so. This would lift the cover up. I could then secure that in strategic places from moving. Might be more sturdy and I can take it down in sections.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.