Incandescent or Halogen Pool Light

Feb 26, 2012
This is probably a dumb question. I am either going to get lucky and only need to order a bulb and gasket or will have to order a whole new light for my spa.

I know that I have this light http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-Grou ... 4008_I.htm

I know based on original owner documents that it's a 100w w/ 50 ft cord. I do not know if the light is incandescent or halogen (which are two separate options for 100w) I'm pretty sure it's a 120v and not 12v.

Any ideas or guesses as to how I can tell if I have a halogen or incandescent. Attached is an actual image of the light.

Attachments

• 106_0421.JPG
    106_0421.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 92
  • 106_0422.JPG
    106_0422.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 92
Alright so I removed the light, its in all kinds of bad shape. Electing to just get a whole new light all together. In terms of searching for replacement lights, are spa lights generic from a size perspective? I had/have a Hayward Aqualite II 100w/120v. After removing the light it appears I have a hayward "niche" opening. I'd like to keep that opening and just find a replacement light that fits into that opening.

I guess what i'm asking is can i order most anything? Do I need to stick with Hayward? etc...

What's "all kinds of bad shape"? I'd be surprised if you actually need a new light housing. Can you post a picture?

If you do replace it, you need to get one that is specified to fit in your niche...they are not all the same.

Rusted out inside and the bulb broke off. I tried using needle nose pliers to move the remainder of whats left in the socket, and it is just twisting off. Also unfortunately when they installed it they barely left enough extra cord for me to place the light on the coping to work on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.