Pool Visitor

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
Came across this guy yesterday taking a dip in my pool. By the time I got the cell phone to take a picture he had climbed out and curled by the pat

It's a speckled king snake about 3' long. They are harmless and I see them every once in awhile. They feed mostly on other snakes and lizards and there is a large lizard population around the patio so I expect he was looking for lunch.

What was surprising is that he crawled into the channel drain and the opening is only 3/4" wide. He had to come out to get around the 90 deg corner then went in again. The end of the drain is open to the yard so he had a good way out.

Attachments

• snake_ 2.jpg
    snake_ 2.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 664
  • snake_ 1.jpg
    snake_ 1.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 664
We find the Kings around our yard as well. Last year in fact the kids found pair of them "joined at the hip" ;) Never saw a bunch of babies slithering around though.

Just had our 2nd rattler removed last weekend ... not as much fun finding them :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.