Pool Genie

MikeS

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2007
Burtonsville, MD
Has anyone here know what this product is? Being a Noob, I used it last year, with a Nature 2, and it seemed to work fine. After further research, I have decided to do the BBB method. I am not sure what effect the Pool Genie chemical will have on the water as I raise the chlorine levels. I will also not buy anymore Nature 2 cartridges. It is time to used science when maintaining my pool instead of magic and money. Taylor 2006 test kit is on the way.

Thank You

Pool genie is basically snake oil. They give no information on the ingredients but by the descrioption of what it does I would suspect it is a combination of enzymes (breaks down nitrogen compounds) and a phospate reducer (might also have some copper in it)! Enzymes have a place in pool maintenance but I would get them from a company like NaturalChemistry that is a bit more upfront about what they actually do! Phosphate reducers are very rarely needed in most pools and are an unnecessary expense!

I would stay away from this product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.