Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Genie

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Genie

Has anyone here know what this product is? Being a Noob, I used it last year, with a Nature 2, and it seemed to work fine. After further research, I have decided to do the BBB method. I am not sure what effect the Pool Genie chemical will have on the water as I raise the chlorine levels. I will also not buy anymore Nature 2 cartridges. It is time to used science when maintaining my pool instead of magic and money. Taylor 2006 test kit is on the way.

Thank You
    MikeS
    28,000 gal pool, gunite w/3M Colorquartz, Pentair CPP420 filter, Quikclean Pop up Heads, Pentair MiniMax Plus heat pump
    1200 gal Spa, Pentair MiniMax Plus Propane heat, Pentair CPP420 filter
    Intellitouch I10-3D Control Panel

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pool genie is basically snake oil. They give no information on the ingredients but by the descrioption of what it does I would suspect it is a combination of enzymes (breaks down nitrogen compounds) and a phospate reducer (might also have some copper in it)! Enzymes have a place in pool maintenance but I would get them from a company like NaturalChemistry that is a bit more upfront about what they actually do! Phosphate reducers are very rarely needed in most pools and are an unnecessary expense!

I would stay away from this product.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks Waterbear- I will reform my ways and go BBB'ing.
    MikeS
    28,000 gal pool, gunite w/3M Colorquartz, Pentair CPP420 filter, Quikclean Pop up Heads, Pentair MiniMax Plus heat pump
    1200 gal Spa, Pentair MiniMax Plus Propane heat, Pentair CPP420 filter
    Intellitouch I10-3D Control Panel