No Algae, Water Fairly clear, were it warmer we would swim!

May 14, 2012
Just wanted to give a shout out to the TFP gang and say thanks for all of the posts that you guys do.

I followed the BBB method last year including as I closed the pool with my pool builder last year. He argued with me that my pool would be green and nasty when we opened it in the spring if I didn't put a ton of his special chlorine tabs on the steps.. Yet, this is what the pool looked like 25 minutes after the cover was off and the pumps were running -

[attachment=0:2f51ss3f]pool-opening-day.jpg[/attachment:2f51ss3f]

BBB & Trouble Free Pool - 1, Anti-Social Pool Builder - 0

Thanks again guys, looking forward to a great swim season here in Northern VA.

Also, for anyone out there wondering, the winter cover was a Mesh Safety cover and we got a ton of rain here in Prince William County VA, so I had to often drain water out all winter long, so I didn't have to add any water come opening weekend.

What I did and found it to easier was to pop the safety cover off just enough so I could pull the plugs from the return lines and I removed the dohickey from the skimmer. Then I replaced all plugs in the pumps and filter, and then primed the pump and got it running for about a week, then the following weekend (14-April) we took the mesh cover off and have put the solar blanket on.

Attachments

• pool-opening-day.jpg
    pool-opening-day.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 158
Re: No Algae, Water Fairly clear, were it warmer we would sw

:goodjob:

I would get a full set of test results done ... if you replaced a lot of water, your CYA might be very low.

I would also send a pic to the pool builder! :mrgreen:

ROTJob said:
I wonder what I am doing wrong. My pool looks like a green swamp when I open it, and it is filled with frog eggs. It is covered all winter long but this has happened both years.
Please start your own thread so we can help you more easily :cheers:

Vette said:
ROTJob said:
I wonder what I am doing wrong. My pool looks like a green swamp when I open it, and it is filled with frog eggs. It is covered all winter long but this has happened both years.
Please start your own thread so we can help you more easily :cheers:

Thanks vette! New thread created for that poster here...pool-looks-like-a-green-swamp-t58208.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.