Well we are open.

Jul 23, 2010
Mickleton, NJ
I was planning on opening the first week of May. I like to open early b/c I hate looking at the black cover all winter and it really bothers me to sit on my deck in the spring and look over at the cover. We were out this weekend quite a bit and on Sunday evening I noticed the water level under the cover looked way lower than I remembered it. I panicked a little and dh and I took a little bit of the cover back and confirmed the water was a good 6-8 inches lower than it was when we closed and was all winter/spring. We decided to open the cover all of the way and just fill it to see if we had a leak somewhere. (it was around 6 pm after a Christening party all day and after a beef and beer Saturday night so we were tired/hungover. :hammer: But I was really concerned. When I went to turn the cover pump on to pump the remaining water off something seemed off. I moved the pump and there was a gaping hole in the cover under the pump.

Here my neighbor borrowed my pump a few nights back to pump off his cover and when he threw it back on my cover he put a hole in it. So basically the pump was pumping out the pool onto the lawn instead of off of the cover. We opened nice and clear. It only took a few mint to get the cover off and hook everything up.

I'm out of regents and ordered refills this a.m. They are already shipped. :whoot: I'm curious to see where my cya level is it was 40 when I closed last year but I replaced a lot of water at least 13-15 inches.

The water is a little sudsy. I'm not sure what this is from the only thing I can think of would be from the algecide I added at closing last fall. Will that just filter or get burned up by the sun? Other than that we are in good shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.