Volley Ball for my L shaped pool

Otis Campbell

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 5, 2013
Lewisville, TX
We are in the builder selection and design phase of our poll. Attached is an example of the pool that we want to build but not the final design. It is an L shaped pool with a play are and diving area. The issue one of the prospective pool builders brought up yesterday was where to put the sleeve for the second volley ball post. He mentioned that he could put a sleeve in the floor of the pool but that he couldn't guarantee that it would be at a 90 degree angle.

We plan on a salt water pool.

Any suggestions? Also, new to the forum but this seemed a better fit in this forum rather than under construction.

Thanks.

Attachments

• bluewave_nb2302.gif
    bluewave_nb2302.gif
    2 KB · Views: 118
I assume the net is crossing the shallow end. That does present a problem. Do you have any measurements of the pool? Like how long the "L" is from the main body. It may be long enough that you could embed the sleeve in the corner and have enough room on the short side.

Yes, the volleyball net would go across the shallow end and anchor, somehow, on the line where the safety rope is. I've attached a more detailed drawing of the pool.

Again, we are still very much in the design phase. This drawing is simply one I found on the internet. I'm showing it to prospective pool builders to illustrate the kind of pool we want. The actual size and dimensions are subject to change.

Thanks!

Attachments

• True L example.pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 74
So you are planning on a pool with plaster/pebble finish vs. liner then. The bottom will be shotcrete and will be sprayed in. I don't see any reason the sub contractor who will shoot your pool couldn't get a sleeve installed at 90 degrees. Perhaps you should ask if you can talk to the sub who will do that part of the work.

What would you cap the sleeve with when it is not in use, to avoid hurting your toe on it?

Depending on what type of sleeve you get and what type of pole, you may have to to shim it meaning the pole might not fit tightly in the sleeve, and then when you tighten up the net the pole will lean inward. You'd be talking about a long pole as well, i'd definitely want it to be heavy duty.

The sleeve/pole combo i got for my volleyball net would work, but i'd want a 12" sleeve for that long of pole. The cap for my hole would work as well, but i would want it installed so that the cap is flush with pool finished surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.