At what point should you resurface your pool?

I think a thorough cleaning will make a huge difference with this one. Pressure washing the shell and refilling it, then keeping your chlorine on the high side for a while, will probably make it much less objectionable. Do you know how long it's been empty?

Resurfacing is really just an appearance thing...the pool will work just fine regardless. I like the pool...I don't think I've seen 2 sets of steps before.

Melt In The Sun said:
I think a thorough cleaning will make a huge difference with this one. Pressure washing the shell and refilling it, then keeping your chlorine on the high side for a while, will probably make it much less objectionable. Do you know how long it's been empty?

Resurfacing is really just an appearance thing...the pool will work just fine regardless. I like the pool...I don't think I've seen 2 sets of steps before.

I drained it. So maybe empty for a week or so.

I would start pressure washing everything and then put a sump pump in the deep end to get it all out.

It can make a huge difference (did it when we first bought out swamp). The plaster was in really bad shape with chunks missing and look a lot better when cleaned up ... a few years later we finally decided to resurface as it was a little rough.

Have you checked your water table? Where are you located? Are you worried about it popping?

After looking at the pictures it seems like it would take a lot of pressure to pop that out of the ground. And that is one of the coolest looking pool designs I have ever seen. A baby pool, play pool, and diving pool all in one! If it were mine, I would replaster, new glass waterline tile from http://www.lightstreamsglasstile.com/Pages/default.aspx, all new decking and coping, and a whole new pool pad with a really large cartridge filter, new pump, and one really large SWCG! I cannot wait to see what you do with this!

ComputerGuyInNOLA said:
Have you checked your water table? Where are you located? Are you worried about it popping?

After looking at the pictures it seems like it would take a lot of pressure to pop that out of the ground. And that is one of the coolest looking pool designs I have ever seen. A baby pool, play pool, and diving pool all in one! If it were mine, I would replaster, new glass waterline tile from http://www.lightstreamsglasstile.com/Pages/default.aspx, all new decking and coping, and a whole new pool pad with a really large cartridge filter, new pump, and one really large SWCG! I cannot wait to see what you do with this!

haha, so you're saying I should just throw $30,000 at it? Anything else? ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ComputerGuyInNOLA said:
It is way too cool of a pool to do anything else! I cannot wait to see what you do. Please post pictures of your progress. Good luck!

Haha, well, the dump of a house I purchased along with this pool is in the same condition. The house is the priority right now.

Honestly, I'm hoping to fix some tile, clean it up and throw some water in it..for now. Praying that gets me by for a couple of seasons till I can give it the time, money ,and attention it deserves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.