Building deck over pump/filter

Mar 18, 2013
I tried searching the forum for pics of how people have decked over their pump/filter and did not come up with anything on the search.
Would anyone be willing to share how they did this? Maybe pics?
Pool is being installed today.
Thanks

Most people don't put the filter/pump under the deck for just the reason Richard eluded to. Room and clearance for regular maintenance. It would be better to move the equipment out from under the deck, but if you can't try to have them put a hatch in the decking that you can remove.

"a Hatch in decking", Thanks! that's just the visual I needed. Due to local it will have to be under the deck now at an edge, so i will have some sort of side access and thru the top deck via a "hatch" now also.

You can look at the thread I have going now and see where I moved mine. I was going to put a "trap door" in the deck that I am currently building with a stainless piano hinge but then realized that there is no way to do it where it would be as easy as just hard plumbing it and moving it so that it was NOT under the deck.

If you build the hatch, you have to frame close to pump and create real problems, the way I envision it anyway, when you need to get underneath to service something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.