Installing new pool

May 11, 2011
I installed a 28ft round above ground pool about 13 years ago. The liner has went bad and I am going to be replacing the whole pool. I ordered the 28ft round Matrix from Pool Supply World. It has the same amount of uprights as my existing pool. Do you think I should be able to use the same blocks that are in place now for the new pool? Also, my existing pool is all metal. Do you think the upright foot on the Matrix ( being resin ) will be that much thicker then my existing foot to make me have to dig down all the blocks? Can I just reuse the existing sand base or will I need more? The cove is sand now but I ordered the foam cove with the new pool. I figured I would just distribute the sand from the cove.
I am going to use a transit to make sure the blocks are still level. Is there anything else I should look for? Thanks,

If it has the same number of uprights and it's the same diameter the spacing should be the same. You shouldn't have to do anything to the blocks as long as they're level and in good shape. You can just redistribute the sand and use the foam cove as you figured.

I have starting removing the old pool and am going to need a couple of bags of sand to help level out the sand base. Does lowes sell any sand that would work as the base. I only need a couple hundred pounds.

The blocks appear to be 4x4x8 inch block. The feet on the matrix pool are larger then the ones on the old pool. You do want the whole foot to be on the block don't you? I am hoping to put it up this weekend if the liner gets here in time. I am thinking about digging down the existing block the thickness of the patio block and then installing the 8 x 8 patio block on top of the 4x4x8 block. The old blocks are perfectly level.
Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.