Solar cover thickness?

G

Hi all, need to purchase a new solar cover this year and didn't realize that there's different thickness, mil?
So need some advise on what mil to purchase?
Pools a 18x33 agp with a solar reel incase it matters, let me know what you guys think and thank you!

Ok great :)
I was worried about the straps from the cover reel ripping the cover at the points where they attach to the cover if covers too thin but if you guys don't think it matters then I am definitely ok with the cheapest one I can find, found a few for pretty cheap on the big auction site

Hmm .. you raise a point I had not considered regarding pulling the cover onto a reel ... I am not sure how the straps attach.

Perhaps we should wait for further comments.

I've had the best luck with 12 mil covers, particularly those made by Midwest Canvas. They are handled by several retailers, but I bought mine on Amazon.

Lighter covers didn't last, and I don't think I'd want to mess with a heavier cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.