Remote Thermostat

I just hooked up a heater for our pool. The problem is, if I want to run the heater, I have to walk all the way around the pool to the far side of our deck to turn it on. I want to run something to the edge of the deck so I don't have to run all the way around, something a little more convenient.

With the great majority of heaters you can easily run a low voltage on/off switch by connecting a simple toggle switch to the fireman switch terminals with low voltage wire of any reasonable length. The heater will still be powered up, but when the new switch is off it will never heat.

To do anything fancier than that, your best bet is an automation system of some kind.

I will have to look at the manual to see how to wire this up and where. Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I am looking for by the way. My thermostat is not digital. It is just a turn knob so I have to idea where to set it. That will have to be a trial and error thing I guess.

kodeblue said:
I will have to look at the manual to see how to wire this up and where. Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I am looking for by the way. My thermostat is not digital. It is just a turn knob so I have to idea where to set it. That will have to be a trial and error thing I guess.

If you go the automation route, you could use a GL-235 with a resistor in the solar terminals to trick the controller into thinking the solar temperature is always adequate for heating. You can use the booster pump relay terminals to connect to your heat pump remote wires. This would be a relatively cost effective automation strategy.

Jason Szumlanski

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.