Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Timer

I want to get a pump timer. I have a solar one, but this will only let my pump run over night for a set amount of time. What one is a good one that I could set it up to run for like two 4 hour cycles? I have plans to get a SWG to when the budget permits if it makes any difference. Although the liquidator seems cool too. [marq=right]
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

2. Back To Top    #2

Hey Steve,
    Probably someone in the industry can answer better, but my PB is a Pentair lover, and so far the equipment is great (pump, SWG, booster pump and vac.)...He hooked me up with a Fiberstars http://www.fiberstars.com/ pool timer, which initially controlled the booster pump (if you have a vacuuum). I got some help, and now it controls the main pool pump, SWG and heat pump...anyway, it has a circle-shaped timer control broken into 15-minute segments for the 24-hour day, so you can have it on/off with really good accuracy.
    Todd
    --------------
    Pool: 16x36, 16,800 gal., vinyl, sand filter, SWG & AquaCal Heat Pump
    Spa: Hot Springs Sovereign, 355 gal., ozone/ion
    The most helpful tool you'll ever have for your pool:
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

3. Back To Top    #3

To just start and stop the pump and not spend a lot of money? intermatic has a manual set timer , I have it and it does all that I need it to do.
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolidiot
    To just start and stop the pump and not spend a lot of money? intermatic has a manual set timer , I have it and it does all that I need it to do.
    do you have a part number or link for that?
    Marc

15x33, 13k, AGP, vinyl, 3/4 HP Pump, Sand Filter, TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Intermatic makes many different models with a variety of features. You can look at this page to get a basic sense of what some of the options are.

I like the PF1102T and PF1103T. They are not the least expensive models but have options that most people will want.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ThePez
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolidiot
    do you have a part number or link for that?
    Use the link that Jason has, and look at part # - T101R3 110v, metal, SPST, indoor/outdoor
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter